Many, if not most, Christians don't even realize they are Biblically off-the-mark!
Why would we accuse mainstream Christianity to be "off the mark"? Consider the following and decide for yourself whether we are right or wrong:
Reason Number 1:
Mainstream Christianity was born out of Catholicism which is steeped in paganism. (Please understand that true Christianity did not, as it evolved from Judaism which followed Torah a LONG time before Catholicism paganized the true faith.)
Catholicism in no way resembles the teachings of Yeshua (Jesus)! If it did, then both Catholicism (which is forever reeling in the wake of homosexual scandals) and all the thousands of denominations of Christianity would:
- Be following - TO THE LETTER! - the teachings of Christ who was a Torah-observant, Sabbath and feast-keeping, kosher Jew!
- Understand that God gave us a New Covenant, not a new Torah (Jer.31:30-33, Heb.8:8-12).
- Keep the seventh-day Sabbath (Gen 2:1-3, Exodus 16:23).
- Keep God's appointed times - the Biblical feasts which, to date, have not all been fulfilled yet (Leviticus 23:21, 31, 41, Exodus 12:14).
Also, ask yourself this: If Catholicism (from whence mainstream Christianity came) followed the Truth, then why did Pope John Paul, on his deathbed, write a note saying, "I am totally in your hands" - a note directed to MARY - not Christ who died in order to offer us eternal salvation! Did MARY die for us? Was she our final SIN sacrifice? Did SHE hold the key to everlasting life?
Yes, Christianity took us away from Catholicism, but it does NOT follow the Bible. Why?
- Because mainstream Christianity only partially came away from Catholicism while leaving most of the paganism intact.
- Because Christians don't follow the teachings of Christ who was a Torah-observant, Sabbath and feast-keeping, kosher Jew!
- Because most Christians believe that the "New Testament" replaced the "Old Testament", especially the Torah - God's original teaching and instruction. They believe that adhering to Torah equates to "being under the law".
- Because many Christians don't even realize that Jesus was a JEW whose given name was Yeshua, which means "Salvation". They don't realize He "walked in Torah" and kept all Biblical feasts and the seventh day Sabbath.
- Because many, if not most, Christians don't realize that the writings of Paul - a Jew who NEVER negated Torah! - have been grossly misunderstood and taken out of context.
To see exactly WHY Christianity isn't Biblical, please check our article, Jesus was not a Christian.....
Reason Number 2:
Not only did mainstream Christianity evolve out of Catholicism, but since its birth, it has evolved into tens of thousands of different denominations - each one of them claiming to be the "right" one....The only problem is: NONE of them are completely Biblical!
Enmeshed in this quagmire of various denomations and their respective beliefs, are the minds of MEN who obviously forgot that GOD is the author of the Bible, and who obviously don't seek HIS opinion on anything. To wit:
Robert Knight and Molly Hamrick in a 6/28/2006 article wrote,
Episcopalians Vote to Deny that Jesus Is the Only Savior:
"Liberal woman chosen as presiding bishop; Presbyterians vote against measures to hold churches to Biblical morality.
"Episcopal Church leaders at the National Convention in Columbus, Ohio, last week voted to seat a liberal woman as presiding bishop and they refused to affirm Jesus Christ as the only Savior of humanity. They also voted down a resolution halting the appointment of homosexual bishops and blessing homosexual unions.
"Meanwhile, delegates to the national convention of the Presbyterian Church USA, meeting in Birmingham, Alabama, voted to leave it up to individual churches whether to have openly homosexual pastors and to perform homosexual ceremonies."
VirtueOnline Correspondent Hans Zeiger wrote an article called Episcopal Convention Condemns Bible as 'Anti-Jewish'. The article stated, in part:
COLUMBUS, OHIO (6/15/06)-The 75th General Convention of the Episcopal Church today passed a resolution essentially condemning the Bible as an "anti-Jewish" document. Not only does the resolution aim to address perceptions of anti-Jewish prejudice in the Bible and Episcopal liturgy, but it suggests that such prejudice is actually "expressed in...Christian Scriptures and liturgical texts."
And what did GOD have to say about these issues? Ooops, apparently the Episcopaleans forgot to consult Him....
And then there are "Christians" such as these:
- The Mormons who have added an entire book to the actual Word of God.
- Jehovah's Witnesses who believe Christ is God's Son and is inferior to him; proclaim themselves to be "Spiritual Israel"; believe the only ones who get to go to heaven to rule and reign with Christ are the "elect" 144,000 of Revelation 14 (naturally, JWs!); and believe that the prophecies directed to "Israel" in the Bible are actually directed to the Watchtower organization.
- "Christian Identity" kooks who believe that whites of European descent can be traced back to the "Lost Tribes of Israel." Many consider Jews to be the Satanic offspring of Eve and the Serpent, while non-whites are "mud peoples" created before Adam and Eve.
- The Christian God-hates-fags pastor, Fred Phelps, who makes Christians look like rabid, hateful, intolerant lunatics.
- The Christian Pastor Ted Pike who accuses the Jews of being behind The DaVinci Code.
- Christian Pastor Harry Walther who keeps setting false dates for the "Rapture" and insists his name is the in Bible as one of those who is to be "raptured"....
We could go on, but you get the drift....
Reason Number 3:
Christianity is, for the most part, lukewarm to the Word of God. Why? Because many run to church on Sundays and pledge allegiance to God - yet they immerse themselves in pagan holidays such as Christmas and Easter and allow their children to participate in pagan holidays that honor witches and ghosts via Halloween, and even sing the praises of politically correct paganism contained in the Harry Potter series. And this is all done in the name of "good fun".
(Please read Yeshua's letters to the seven churches (Revelation chapters 1-3) and try to understand why He did not have anything good to say about most of them....)
If mainsteam Christians were to pay just a little more attention to the "Old Testament", they would realize that God used to put to death believers who offered "strange fire":
Leviticus 10: 1 But Nadav and Avihu, sons of Aharon, each took his censer, put fire in it, laid incense on it, and offered unauthorized fire before Adonai, something he had not ordered them to do. 2 At this, fire came forth from the presence of Adonai and consumed them, so that they died in the presence of Adonai.
Are we saying that only Christianity is off the mark? No! Every "religion" has its issues, its carnal ideas and fallacies. As long as man is in the equation, the Word of God will be skewed.
The fact remains: Man is arrogant and hard-headed. God has outlined His will for us throughout the Bible, and we are picking and choosing whatever fits our particular agendas. We need to come down out of the clouds, push aside our limited human mindsets, and ask the Holy Spirit to help us read and comprehend the ENTIRE BIBLE IN CONTEXT. It isn't easy, but with God's help we CAN do it!